Associate Attorney Position Available
Our practice is committed to exclusively representing people who have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
Primary tasks will include: propounding and responding to discovery, meet and confer letters and other correspondence, witness interviews, various motions (including oppositions to motions for summary judgment), taking and defending depositions, court appearances, and trial prep work.
There are a number of upsides to working at Mizrahi Law, including that: the attorney will get excellent training and mentorship; they will have an opportunity to take depositions, argue in court, and go to trial; they will have humane hours compared to their peers in Biglaw; and they will work on meaningful cases helping people who deserve justice.
We are willing to consider part-time and flexible schedules for the right person.
- Strong credentials.
- Experience in employment law or clerkship or fellowship experience.
- Excellent writing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Smart, analytical thinker who is efficient and can quickly get up to speed on a case.
- Highly organized, very detail-oriented.
- Professional and reliable.
- Good people skills, friendly and upbeat.
- Tech savvy, comfortable with Adobe Acrobat, Word/Wordperfect, Google Apps.
- Takes direction well, takes initiative, and takes responsibility for work.
- Understands ethical and confidentiality requirements to firm and its clients.
- Good, upbeat attitude and willing to take on whatever tasks the firm needs.
Competitive with other plaintiff-side firms. Depends on experience.
Please submit the following to email@example.com, with “Associate Attorney Application” in the subject:
- a resume;
- a cover letter that includes a description of your employment law and litigation experience, as well as a statement explaining your interest in the position and how it will fit in with your career aspirations, and a list of three professional references;
- a law school transcript (if in practice for less than five years); and
- a writing sample.
Please name each file as follows: “LastNameFirstNameResume,” “LastNameFirstNameCoverletter,” “LastNameFirstNameTranscript,” and “LastNameFirstNameWritingSample.”