18 Jun '18
On June 18, 2018, Ramit Mizrahi’s essay, Sexual Harassment Law After #MeToo: Looking to California as a Model, was published in the Yale Law Journal Forum. The essay is part of a Collection by the Yale Law Journal and the Stanford Law Journal on #MeToo and the Future of Sexual Harassment Law. Ms. Mizrahi’s essay is the only one in the Collection that gives the perspective of a practicing lawyer and is not written by a legal scholar.
Drawing from her extensive experience representing employees in sexual harassment cases, Ms. Mizrahi discusses the evolution of the law, including the impact of the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, current shortcomings, and proposed legislation in California that would help prevent harassment and protect employees who come forward. This is Ms. Mizrahi’s second piece on sexual harassment law that the Yale Law Journal has published. The first was “Hostility to the Presence of Women”: Why Women Undermine Each Other in the Workplace and the Consequences for Title VII, Note, 113 Yale L.J. 1579 (2004).
Sexual Harassment Law After #MeToo: Looking to California as a Model can be found here. You can also click on the below image for the link to the pdf version:
02 Jan '14
2014 will be the year of the whistleblower in California.
Here’s why: On January 1, 2014, new laws (AB 263, SB 496, and SB 666) went into effect that fixed major gaps in Labor Code § 1102.5, the California whistleblower protection law. These are gaps that you probably didn’t even know existed . . . .
Mizrahi Law, APC
- 201 S Lake Ave, Ste 305, Pasadena, California 91101
- (626) 380-9000
- (626) 606-3999
- Ms. Mizrahi was elected as an officer of the State Bar of California Labor & Employment Law Section.
- Ramit Mizrahi has been selected as one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers® Rising Stars and Top 50 Women Rising Stars in Southern California.
- Ms. Mizrahi has been selected as a Pasadena Magazine Top Attorney.
- Ms. Mizrahi has been selected as a Los Angeles Magazine Top Women Attorneys In Southern California for the fourth year in a row.
Latest Blog Posts
- Posted in
- Posted in